Hepatitis A is a preventable infection that impacts more than 600 new Australians each year.
While incidences have been falling since 2000 due to increased childhood vaccination, working-age adults may still be at risk.
The University of NSW advises that up to half of all Australians are susceptible to Hepatitis A.
Importantly for workers, the Hepatitis A vaccine is recommended by the Department of Health for those specifically at risk of infection.
Groups with higher than normal risk include
- Healthcare workers - notably in paedriatrics, emergency and infectious diseases, and those working with human tissue, blood or body fluids
- Child care workers, including teachers
- Emergency services - police, fire and ambulance, and correctional services workers
- Plumbers and those working with waste and water infrastructure
- Cleaning, refuse and recycling workers
Immunise your team against this infection by booking with Medvet today.