10440NAT Course in On-site Drug and Alcohol Testing
To be a Certified Collector for drug and alcohol testing, you need a detailed understanding of theory & practice.
Medvet's 10440NAT Course in On-site Drug and Alcohol Testing is the only nationally accredited short course of its kind, and prepares participants for on-site testing in the workplace.
The accredited course comprises the ODTSCS001A 'Perform specimen collection and screening for on-site drug testing' unit of competency. Medvet is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 40379) and participants will benefit from years of drug and alcohol testing experience undertaken by our qualified trainers. As a NATA accredited drug and alcohol testing agency, Medvet offers current and relevant real life drug testing experience. This course provides in-depth instruction in the application and practice of
- AS 3547:1997 Breath alcohol testing devices for personal use
- AS 4760:2006 Procedures for specimen collection and the detection and quantitation of drugs in oral fluid
- AS/NZS 4308:2008 Procedures for specimen collection and the detection and quantitation of drugs of abuse in urine
This course satisfies the requirements for certified persons to collect, screen, handle, store and dispatch oral fluid and urine samples to the laboratory for analytical testing.
On completion of this course, the participant will be expected to demonstrate their understanding in the following areas
- On-site drug testing
- Communicating effectively in an on-site drug testing environment
- Working ethically (including privacy and confidentiality concerns) in an on-site drug testing environment
- On-site testing requirements and practice
- Chain of custody requirements and practice
The course is conducted nationally by our team of expert and qualified trainers who have current industry experience in conducting drug and alcohol screening and hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
The course requires successful completion of the following:
- Participant workbook consisting of general questions that complement the presentation including completion of drug test forms.
- Practical assessments performed on the day including:
- Performing an initial and confirmatory breath alcohol test using a breathalyser
- Performing an oral fluid specimen collection, on-site screen and preparing the sample for dispatch to the laboratory (chain of custody)
- Performing a urine specimen collection, on-site screen and preparing the sample for dispatch to the laboratory (chain of custody).
This is a one day training course delivered throughout Australia at your workplace (subject to minimum number requirements) or you can attend one of our public courses by registering below.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion. Competency is assessed through a combination of practical application and demonstration of skills, written assessments, case studies and role plays.
Not ready yet? You can download a flyer on this course on the right hand side of this page, or please contact Medvet to discuss your needs.
- Book Now 1 - 1 May 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 19 - 19 July 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 25 - 25 September 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 1 - 1 May 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 6 - 6 June 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 17 - 17 July 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 30 - 30 August 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 10 - 10 October 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 20 - 20 November 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 10 - 10 May 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 26 - 26 June 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 11 - 11 September 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 8 - 8 November 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 29 - 29 May 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 26 - 26 July 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 18 - 18 September 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 13 - 13 November 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 21 - 21 June 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 15 - 15 August 2018, 9am - 5pm
- Book Now 18 - 18 October 2018, 9am - 5pm